CFBank will only communicate with customers through secured methods.
CFBank will NOT send you an email asking you to click a link to verify information or request personal information electronically, such as:
- User IDs
- Social Security Numbers
- Account Numbers
- Credit card Numbers including the card security code.
If you are unsure about an email or a website that appears to be from CFBank, take the following precautions:
- Visit our website directly without using any emailed links
- Contact one of our branches using a listed bank phone number
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and payment history
- Income and credit history
- Account balances and checking account information
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons CFBank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
- For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus – CFBank DOES share this information
- For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you – CFBank DOES NOT share this information
- For joint marketing with other financial companies – CFBank DOES NOT share this information
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences – CFBank DOES NOT share this information
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness – CFBank DOES NOT share this information
- For our affiliates to market to you – CFBank DOES NOT share this information
- For nonaffiliates to market to you – CFBank DOES NOT share this information
How does CFBank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also maintain other physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards of this information.
How does CFBank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or pay us by check
- Apply for financing or give us your wage statements
- Give us your contact information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Affiliates – Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. CFBank does not share with our affiliates.
- Nonaffiliates – Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. CFBank does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
- Joint Marketing – A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. CFBank doesn’t jointly market.